Also known as brachioplasty
An upper arm lift, or brachioplasty, reshapes the upper arm to tighten loose skin and remove fat that often creates a “bat wing” appearance under the arm. Removing the excess skin caused by weight loss or natural aging can tighten loose skin that extends from the underarm area to the elbow; liposuction is sometimes used in combination to achieve the best results.
Who is a Good Candidate?
- Women and men at or near ideal body weight
- Women and men who have achieved significant weight loss
- Age 18 to 75
- Generally in good health
- Desires aesthetic enhancement to remove loose skin in upper arms
When to Consider an Upper Arm Lift
- If your weight is normal, but you feel your shape is marred by underarm laxity.
- If you have lost a massive amount of weight and are left with excess upper-arm skin and fat that may resemble bat wings.
- You have redundant underarm skin that remains a problem and does not improve with exercise
- If you are willing to accept a scar in exchange for shapelier arms.
How Much Does It Cost?
The estimated cost of an arm lift at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery begins at $6,100. Your actual cost will depend on the details of your procedure, determined by your physical condition. This price includes the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia costs, facility fees, supplies, and all routine follow-up visits at our Joplin, MO or Pittsburg, KS locations.