Body Lift and Post Gastric Bypass
Also known as belt lipectomy
A body lift is a cosmetic procedure to raise and reshape unsightly, sagging body contours. During the aging process and after significant weight loss, your skin loses its elasticity, causing the mid-section to lose its natural shape and firmness. This procedure, which we perform in Joplin, MO or Pittsburg, KS, is designed to remove loose skin and related fat deposits, thus, providing a more youthful appearance. A body lift can be applied to the lower torso and upper legs including the abdomen (tummy tuck), waist, inner/outer thighs, buttocks (buttock lift), and hips. Liposuction may also be completed in conjunction with a body lift if indicated. Patients who have had a gastric bypass or other weight loss procedure often desire a body lift to remove the excess skin. If you have lost a significant amount of weight, you should expect to have at least 2-3 separate cosmetic surgery procedures to address the problems that result from such a major change in your physique.
Who is a Good Candidate?
- Women and men at or near ideal body weight whose weight has been stable for at least a year
- Women and men who have had gastric bypass or Lap Band surgery
- Age 25 to 55
- Generally in good health
- Desires aesthetic enhancement to remove loose skin in areas such as lower torso and upper legs including the abdomen, waist, inner/outer thighs, buttocks, and/or hips
When to Consider a Body Lift
- If you have had dramatic weight loss due to bariatric surgery or dieting.
- If you have relatively thin layers of fat below the skin in the hip, thigh, abdomen and buttock areas.
- If overhanging skin in your lower body restricts your mobility and/or causes painful chafing, rashes or infection.
- If you are distressed by sagging skin in your lower body.
How Much Does It Cost?
A body lift usually starts at $10,000 at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery. Your cost will depend on your unique physical structure, the number of procedures performed and the details of the procedure.
When comparing prices at different cosmetic or plastic surgery centers, know that the total cost of your surgery at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery will include the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia costs and the facility fee for the operating room.