Also known as Otoplasty
Cosmetic surgery of the ear, or otoplasty, is an aesthetic procedure that alters the size, position, or proportion of the ears. The outcome of ear reshaping surgery varies greatly depending on the changes that are desired, but these procedures generally improve self- confidence, especially in children and teenagers. If the ears stick out, ear pinning can be performed to flatten the ears against the head. If one ear is positioned higher than the other, ear repositioning can create symmetry. Large, oversized ears can be addressed alone or in conjunction with other ear issues.
When to Consider Ear Surgery
- If you were born with overly large or small ears
- If your ears are disproportionate to your head or oddly placed
- If your ears stick out prominently
- If you have suffered an injury that has negatively impacted the shape or positioning of your ears
Who is a Good Candidate?
- Children of age 5 and up, or any adult
- Non-smokers generally in good health
- Desires ear reshaping (e.g., protruding ears, poorly formed ears, earlobe reduction, earlobe repair or reshaping)
How Much Does It Cost?
At Maningas Cosmetic Surgery in Joplin, MO and Pittsburg, KS, our all-inclusive cost for Otoplasty begins at $3,150, and may exceed that amount for those patients that need additional, specific work. The final cost we give you will always include the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia costs, facility fees, supplies, and all routine follow-up visits.
Life After Ear Reshaping
Ear Reshaping is typically performed as an outpatient procedure using general anesthesia, although local anesthesia with intravenous sedation may be appropriate in certain cases. After your procedure, you will experience postoperative bruising and swelling, with mild to moderate discomfort for a day or two. You will be prescribed pain medication to help minimize discomfort during your initial recovery.