Also known as lipoplasty or lipectomy
Liposuction surgery sculpts your body, eliminating unwanted pockets of exercise and diet- resistant fat from the buttocks, hips, love handles, saddlebags, thighs, calves, ankles, breasts (including male breasts), back, arms and neck. Liposuction is often combined with other procedures to create a desired shape and is one of the safest and most popular cosmetic procedures.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Both men and women undergo liposuction every year to achieve a variety of different goals. Some patients want to look better in a swimsuit, while others want to find jeans that fit more comfortably. For men, liposuction can often successfully treat gynecomastia. Dr. Maningas will often use liposuction to enhance the results of other procedures.
If one or more of the following apply to you, liposuction is an option to consider:
- Men and Women
- Ages 18 to 65
- If you have excess fat deposits on my hips, belly, thighs, neck or chest that won’t respond to diet or exercise. Liposuction is excellent for reducing fatty bulges and sculpting a beautifully natural contour to the body.
- You feel like certain areas are out of proportion with the rest of my figure. Reducing excess fat on one area of the body can bring it into better balance with your natural features.
- You have good skin elasticity – sagging skin is not a problem for me. For optimal results, the skin should have good enough tone to contract to the body’s new contours.
- You are at or near my desired body weight. Liposuction is best for reducing localized fat deposits, and the most satisfied patients are typically happy with their overall weight before surgery.
When to Consider Liposuction
- If you have localized areas of fat deposits that are disproportionate with the rest of your body.
- If you would like more definition or a sleeker contour in certain areas of your body.
- If your skin elasticity is good (Liposuction removes fat, but does not tighten skin).
How Much Does It Cost?
Liposuction at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery in Joplin, MO and Bella Vista, AR begins at $3,150, or more depending on what accompanying work you may want along with the procedure. At Maningas Cosmetic Surgery, we desire to help meet your goals and will help you in your decision process. Your total costs will include the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia costs and the facility fee for the operating room and all other supplies and implants when indicated, and all routine follow-up visits.
Life After Liposuction
Today’s advanced liposuction techniques are designed to minimize swelling, trauma and discomfort, and recovery from liposuction can be remarkably quick. Many patients return to work 1-2 weeks after their procedures, depending on the physical requirements of their jobs and the extent of their procedures.
You will be given your stage one compression garment to wear for the first week following surgery. This helps to minimize swelling and encourage optimal skin contraction. With proper care, scars should fade significantly over the months following surgery; in many cases, scars are barely visible after a year or so.
Results can last permanently with proper care
Liposuction removes fat cells from your body, and these fat cells will not grow back. However, it is important to maintain a stable weight to ensure that your new look remains optimal. If you gain a significant amount of weight in the future, your overall appearance is likely to change as your body stores excess fat in other locations and the remaining fat cells in the liposuctioned area can grow larger.